Monday, May 30, 2005

Bike for Breath a huge success!

Wow! It's done! We started out bright and early leaving the hotel parking lot at 7:15 AM to register and pick up our jersey's and t-shirts. After a quick rendevous at the car, we were off by 7:40 AM to start our 65-mile ride! Here's me and Danek Duvall getting started.

It was a cool and incredibly windy day. I didn't see the sunlight until well after noon. This was the longest bike ride I've ever been on, and I'm quite happy with myself that I was able to finish in 6 hours and 8 minutes (including rest stops). It was an amazing ride in a beautiful part of California. My team, Team Salty Dawgs, were the number one fundraisers. I should've gotten a picture of us with the trophy, but after the ride I was a bit tired and just thinking about eating lunch.


Happily, I wasn't too sore or too tired, until I got out of the car after the long drive home. Then I discovered I had tendinitis in my knee *ouch*. But after only hobbling around for a couple of days, I'm already feeling much better. I'd like to get back in the saddle again, but will be passing on road bikes for awhile and get back to my mountain biking. :-)


More pictures can be found on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment