Okay, I haven't written for awhile - and boy, have I had things to write about! But, I've suddenly found myself much more busier than normal. I've taken a new position at Oracle, I'm now managing the Solaris Cryptographic Technologies team.
That's right. I'm a manager now. I've done it. Gotten the lobotomy. Working on my pointy hair.
I'm sure you've heard me say that I've been a manager before... at a record store and a dollar store. The biggest management concerns we had at both were: hiring people that could count, knew the alphabet, weren't mean to the customers, and didn't steal too much.
Managing software engineers is, obviously, very different, but a natural progression from the team leadership I've been doing for a few years. It's hard work - much longer hours, and the price for screwing up is more severe.
So, my postings have gone down - I'm using this to break the ice again, so to speak.
Well, THAT'S Handsy
-
You know those cringe-inducing pregnancy photos where the mom-to-be's
mostly naked and the shirtless dad is standing behind her caressing her
belly, and ...
No comments:
Post a Comment